Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009


With just a few days to go before I slip out of the material energy, the easier it seems to let day-to-day responsiblities slip past too. And that's a little scary when there's so much to be done. This detachment is reminding me of an advanced traveller at a spiritual retreat I attended in New Zealand last January. "You are so conscious" she responded to a question about day-to-day trivia, like arranging schedules, or car keys, or whatever. Clearly my energy, straight out of a frantic Sydney materialistic December, was preventing me from detatching and just enjoying the moment. "That's good" she assured me, kindly noting my devastation at not having made it to the transcendental world. I was a new one here, among full-time transcendental experts. But by the end of the retreat, which was a pretty intense learning experience, I was no longer conscious ... of where were the keys, or the mobile phone charger (having survived more than a week without reception) or even about yesterday. Time seemed unimportant; possibly something to do with rising before 4am daily for meditation? Anyway, a few days in Auckland post-retreat in my newly unconscious state, sharing time and stories with friends from another lifetime, was absolutely blissful. Perhaps I simply haven't regained consciousness! It should be an interesting week.