Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Aindra Das ..farewell! Your music unlocked my soul

 "No desire for fame or prestige. He was completely committed and received the blessing to uplift everyone in his presence. He became the most incredible musician, composer and singer. He showed by his example how one can become a vibrant manifestation of divine grace if one wants nothing else."  

These are the words of Kausthuba Das, a devotee and yogi I met (all too briefly) in Vrindavan who has shared on, his Bhakti Collective website beautiful pictures and a recording of Aindra  at the Krishna Balaram temple and his own tribute to Aindra Das.

As for me, dear Aindra Das, your music, your presence,  pierce my soul.  Eternally.  To have been in Vrindavana at the temple and to participate in your ecstatic kirtans has been the greatest of blessings.  Embedded within my deep sadness I am overwhelmed with gratitude for those times.

I'm remembering now, through tears of separation while I listen to you,  how each day in Vrindavan,  as the sunlight softened  I would  start longing  for 6pm.   That moment was the one when you would start to play, bringing the brilliance of the sun right back with you,  enveloping us all in your massive golden aura of absolute truth, and transporting us from Maya  directly to an experience of Goloka Vrindavana.  

The experience is beyond any words I am capable of writing.  In Vrindavan, absorbed in the kirtan of Aindra Das, one would experience His mercy.  Sat-cid-ananda vigraha.

Today he has returned to Goloka Vrindavana.  
Thank you Radhe Shyamasundra for lending Aindra Das to us.


"And so, O Brāhmaṇa Vyāsadeva, in due course of time I, who was fully absorbed in thinking of Kṛṣṇa and who therefore had no attachments, being completely freed from all material taints, met with death, as lightning and illumination occur simultaneously."   SB 1:6:27